Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Mouths of Babes

These are wild days we are living in.  The Bible is reading like the front page of the newspaper. And in this generation where HE is so actively revealing HIMSELF, and the plans HE determined before the creation of the universe are playing out in real life, something else very marvelous is happening.
HE is showing up in our children. I am seeing GOD display HIS greatness through small children and the uneducated, simple, reliant lovers of GOD in Africa.  
In the GOSPEL of Luke, from an overwhelmed heart, JESUS' burst out with, "I thank YOU, FATHER, LORD of Heaven and Earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children!" 
That's how I feel lately!  HE is doing things in my kids that blow my mind! They know things, see things, experience things, understand things that GOD alone has revealed to them.   I love it!
 HE loves it!! 
HE gets all the attention when simple, humble people are the outlets of HIS glory. 
Isn't that so freeing?  We can study and chase after GOD for the simple joy of knowing HIM better--not to be more qualified.  HIS qualification is a humble heart!

There is nothing in my life I feel more urgent and passionate about, nothing I pray about more, nothing I talk about more, nothing I want more in all of life than this: for GOD to pour out HIS SPIRIT on and in my children.  
I ache for the people of Guinea to come to JESUS.  I ache for my friends and family members who are not under the LORDship of JESUS CHRIST to come to HIM.   I want to minister to those around me but I don't even want any of those things more than I want my own three little blessings to belong to and love JESUS with every fiber of their being.  It would break my heart to end my life having won many people to the LORD if it meant I ignored the three that GOD planted right in my own home. Sometimes I wonder if that's wrong.  
See, I told you I was passionate about this.   

I know that many of you recognize what GOD is doing, the urgency of HIS call on us to prepare our children, to train them, to be intentional, to raise up lovers of GOD (not church kids).  It is for you, that I share these verses, they are constantly part of my conversation with the FATHER for my own children.  
GOD is doing this thing, y'all!  HE is using little children---let's be part of what HE is doing and pray pray pray that our own children may be included! 

(Discovering them yourself is half the fun. Happy Hunting!)
Ephesians 1:17-19
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
Psalm 112:2
Joel 2:28
Isaiah 44:3
Isaiah 28:26
Jeremiah 1:5-9
1 Samuel 2:35
Deut 30:6
Isaiah 49:1-3
Isaiah 54:13
Psalm 8:2
Psalm 90:16
Isaiah 59:21
Isaiah 61:9
Gen 28:13-15
John 4:24
1 Cor 1:9-12
Eph 3:14-19
Philippians 1:9-11

Go on! Talk to GOD about your kids. HE has plenty to say... and then say it all back to HIM <3
May GOD be shown beautiful to the world and HIS body through our children!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment